Newquay Towan Blystra Lions Club CIO can be contacted via the contact email addresses on the main website or through the “Beer Festival“ website – newquaybeerfestival.co.uk. The main contact is the Secretary of the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also be contacted by telephone on 0345 833 4981. We are on Facebook.
We process “personal data” and/or “special category data” (as defined in data protection legislation) as part of the membership services, fund-raising and/or in our administration. All data are held securely and for as long as they relate to the reasons for collection and/or if there is a statutory retention period. Security of data and confidentiality are very important to us to protect everyone involved in our services. If we want to use your individual photograph to show people what great fun we have fund-raising and promote what we do, we will ask your permission.
We run the annual beer festival with other organisations and sponsors. Therefore, data may be shared with third parties as part of our services, for our administration and/or if we are required by law to do so. We cannot accept any liability for any processing conducted by a third party outside our remit. As part of our compliance, we have conducted a cookie audit on our website.
Cookies are internet files used by the system to view websites and their content. We do not utilise any cookies for our website. None of the above affects your rights under the legislation, in particular your right to access the data we hold on you. You may request a copy of the personal information we may hold on you – this should be submitted in writing or email (as above). Please include enough information to enable us to identify you and search for appropriate data.
If you are dissatisfied with this policy, have queries about our data protection procedures or wish to lodge a complaint, please contact the organisation in the first instance. Thereafter you have the right to submit a complaint to the Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Data we collect
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them. We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the newquaybeerfestival.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Hendra Holiday Park